Sunday, July 31, 2016

Guide to n semi introvert's way of spending the weekend



Hey ya'll!

Long time no see!
So college is over now ;( and I am now caught up in the rut of corporate life.
Among all the challenges that come with being part of the corporate landscape, the one that seems the most baffling to me is the constant need to to do something on the weekend! People wait so longingly for those two days of bliss, but is it bliss?! Spending your time hopping from one party to another, from movie to lunch to an evening of booze -  not quite my idea of a weekend but one that I see pretty much being done by everyone. But then if you don't do these, how do you answer "How was the weekend" on Monday ? (I think people just ask that so that they can tell how amazing there own was ;) ) Now I can't really tell them, I spent the entire two days curled up in my bed watching a show :D   Also, for people like me, interacting with others takes up a lot of energy! And after doing that for five days a week, I just like to be by myself on the weekend! An occasional outing is fine but I can't really be in a party mode for two days every weekend of the month. So what do I do? I don't really curl up on my bed for the 48 hrs :P (that would also be awesome though!) Thanks to all the conundrum on how do I spend the weekend, I have now picked up quite a few things!

1) Reading - I can't describe the sheer joy of sitting in balcony (the Pune weather does help!) with Ed Sheeran crooning to me and Ashwin Sanghi engaging me with one of his thrillers :)

2) Art & Craft - Historically, this area has not been my forte` , but Pinterest does keep giving ideas on easy DIYs which are so fun and have made me reconsider the status of my talent from "bad" to "not so bad" :P

3) Cooking - Since I have started living independently, learning cooking has become a necessity. I can't really survive on the regular daal chawal everyday, so weekend is a nice time to try some new things out :) You can surely come if you want to try pancakes, burgers, pasta!

4) Exercise - I used to go for swimming before monsoons interfered. I also like to plug in earphones and go for a walk :) Also contemplating starting yoga/dance sessions!

4) Movies, Youtube, TV - The regular stuff. Time to catch up on the latest ones.

5) Office work - haha! can't really survive without finishing up things due on Monday, can we?


So that pretty much covers everything I like to do on weekends! I do go out for movies, dinners sometimes, but my ideal weekend is spent at home doing the above things :)
Do let me know if you have any ideas on how **semi introverts** can fruitfully utilize their weekends :)

Have a crazy weekend!

Love, Vanya

1 comment: