Friday, November 22, 2013

Books and Memories

Ahh! Back here after a long time. Basically this means there is something going on in my head and I am in one of my **stay away from human communication** moods. So I am here to vent.
I was just going through quora, chanced upon a couple of questions on books. Wrote an answer for a Harry Potter question. In the midst realized how much time has changed. Its been ages since I read a book. I guess I miss reading. It used to be a world of its own, letting your imagination run wild. Seeing the characters develop in your mind, the moment when your heart skipped a beat seeing your beloved character in danger because it wasn't just a character at that moment, it had become your friend, it had become someone you had known for ages. Remember sitting on the study table, pretending to read RD Sharma when you were actually hiding a novel behind it. Remember finding your spot near the balcony and then spending your entire weekend there with your beloved book. Remember getting annoyed when people folded book pages. Remember getting super annoyed when people thought using marker in a book was cool. And remember getting really sad on seeing a torn book and then spending hours with your mom on trying to repair and bind it again. I remember the time when I knew every corner of the fiction section of my library. I remember Ghosh Sir from JB, the school where I first fell in love with books. I remember how his face used to light up on seeing me enter the library knowing that I had come again to eat his head and yes, to borrow more books. I remember reading famous five and wondering when will my adventure time come. I remember reading Harry Potter and waiting for my Hogwarts letter. I remember reading Dan Brown and seriously contemplating taking up History as a major. I remember reading Nicholas Sparks and crying because the emotions got too much to handle. I remember reading Amish and debating with my friends on why Indian authors and the Indian mythology had a lot on potential. And I remember those Bangalore bus rides when Howard Roark gave me company.
Oh! Nostalgia...thou art a heartless bitch.....

No comments:

Post a Comment